How to Apply for Medicaid and CHIP

For your convenience, has included the U.S. Federal Government’s information pertaining to this topic. It is provided below exactly as it appeared on their website at as of March 4, 2019. We encourage you to learn all you can about Medicaid and CHIP, and we’re happy to assist you in the steps necessary to begin having your home medical and health supplies covered by Medicaid or your health insurance.


Medicaid is a federal and state health insurance program for people with a low income.

The Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) offers health coverage to children in families with incomes too high to qualify for Medicaid, but who can’t afford private coverage. Medicaid and CHIP program names are different in each state


What help is available?

Medicaid provides free or low-cost medical benefits to eligible low-income adults, children, pregnant women, seniors, and people with disabilities.

Am I eligible?

Check with your state’s Medicaid office to see if you or your family members are eligible for benefits. In general, it depends on at least one or a combination of

  • Age
  • Income level
  • Number of people in your family
  • If you are pregnant or have a disability

How do I apply?

There are two ways to apply for Medicaid:

How do I complain?

If you have a problem with Medicaid or CHIP services, you can file a complaint. These programs are managed by each state rather than the federal government. Contact your state’s Medicaid programto report your issue.

What additional help is available for children?

If your income is too high for Medicaid, your child may still qualify for the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP). It covers medical and dental care for uninsured children and teens up to age 19.

Is my child eligible for CHIP?

Rules to qualify are different in every state. In most cases, they depend on income.

How do I apply?

You have two ways to apply for CHIP:

Is there anything else I need to know?



This information was first published on the U.S. Federal Government website at